he Missouri Dump Truckers Association (MDTA) has awarded
two $1,000 scholarships for the 2007 collegiate school year. The two
recipients are Mark N. Engemann, son of Denis and Carla Engemann of Hermann,
Missouri and Max R. Lamb of Defiance, Missouri, son of Pamela and Mark
Joerling of New Melle, Missouri.
Mark Engemann is a 2006 graduate of Gasconade Co. R-I
High School, Hermann, Missouri. Mark plans to attend State Fair Community
College in the fall. He plans to major in Agricultural Business.
Max Lamb is a 2003 graduate of Lutheran High School of
St. Charles County. Max is attending Columbia College. He plans to major
in Business Management.
While in high school, Mark’s extracurricular activities
- Big Spring Busy Beavers 4-H Club for nine years (Pres.-2004-2005);
- Hermann National Honor Society (Treas.-2005-2006);
- Hermann FFA Chapter for four years (Pres.–2005-2006);
- Area XI FFA Reporter (2005-2006);
- Hermann FFA Voting Delegate at State Convention (2005-2006);
- Hermann FFA Asst. Vice Pres. (2004-2005); and
- Hermann FFA Asst. Treasurer (2003-2004).
Honors and awards received include:
- Chapter Barnwarming Candidate (2002-2005);
- State Agronomy Team (2003);
- Area Beginning Record Book 1st Place (2003);
- Chapter FFA Scholarship Medal (2003);
- Star Chapter FFA Degree (2004);
- Chapter FFA Leadership Medal (2004);
- State Parliamentary Procedure Team (2004);
- Lloyd Stock All Around Student Award (2004);
- State Agricultural Sales Team (2005); and
- Chapter Barnwarming King (2005).
Mark’s community and other service activities included:
- Confirmation Class at St. George Catholic Church Community
Service (40 hours);
- Gore Case Community Fundraising Dinner (nine years); and
- Big Spring Busy Beavers 4-H Club Trash Pick-Up (nine years).
During high school, Mark has worked for his father’s trucking,
excavating and farming operations.
Max’s extracurricular activities included:
- Varsity Track (2000/2001);
- Sister Cities Club (2001/2002);
- In-Line Hockey Club-Captain (2001/2002);
- Football-Junior Varsity (2001/2002);
- Varsity Track-Captain (2001/2002);
- Varsity Football (2002/2003);
- In-Line Hockey Club-Captain (2002/2003); and
- Delta Sigma Phi (2002/2003).
Honors and awards received by Max include:
- Cougar Award;
- Lettered in Sports; and
- Homecoming Court.
Max’s community and other service activities included:
- Special Olympics Assistant and
- Elementary Student After School Tutor.
Max is working in retail at The Buckle training as a Team Leader and
participating in the Management Internship Program.
This is the second year of the scholarship program for MDTA. Criteria
for the scholarship includes the student’s academic performance
and potential, interest and desire to further education, character and
citizenship as well as a parent being a member of MDTA or employed by
an MDTA member for five years.
A debt of gratitude should be extended to the Scholarship Advertising
Page Sponsors. Without their participation, this program would never
have succeeded. Please patronize and thank these members.
For more information about MDTA and the Scholarship Program, please
contact the State Office.
For an application, please
click here to download the form.